The City of Ottawa would like to remind residents of the following schedule changes and impacts to City services for the Victoria Day holiday on Monday, May 22.
Client Service Centres
- The City’s 3-1-1 Contact Centre will be open for urgent matters only. Please visit ottawa.ca/311 for more information.
- The Client Service Centres at Ottawa City Hall, Ben Franklin Place, 580 Terry Fox Drive and 255 Centrum Boulevard and the City’s Provincial Offences Court at 100 Constellation Drive will be closed.
- The Business Licensing Centre at 735 Industrial Avenue will be closed.
Green bin, recycling and garbage collection
- There will be no curbside green bin, recycling, garbage or bulky item collection on Monday, May 22. The pick-up will take place on Tuesday, May 23. In addition, the collection will be delayed by one day for the remainder of the week.
- Residents can sign up to receive reminders and service alerts for their waste collection day by email or phone at ottawa.ca/CollectionCalendar.
- Multi-residential garbage containers will be collected on the regular scheduled day. Collections of multi-residential recycling containers, bulky items and green bins will be delayed by one day for the remainder of the week.
- The Trail Waste Facility will be open from 9 am to 5 pm.
- All City parking regulations and restrictions apply.
- OC Transpo buses and O-Train Line 1 will run on a Sunday schedule.
- Rural Shopper Route 301 will not be running.
- Every Saturday, Sunday, and holiday (including Victoria Day), the whole family can ride all day for $11.25 on a single DayPass. Purchase your Family DayPass at any ticket machine or from your bus operator. A family can be made up of as many as six people, with a maximum of two aged 13 or older. Children seven and under ride for free every day!
- OC Transpo Customer Service (613-560-5000) will be open from 7 am to 9 pm.
- OC Transpo’s Customer Service Centre located at the Rideau Centre will be open.
- OC Transpo Lost and Found at Heartwood House will be closed.
- Para Transpo:
- Para Transpo will operate a holiday service. Regular scheduled trips will be automatically cancelled on Monday, May 22. Customers can book trips for Victoria Day between Monday, May 15, and Sunday, May 21, by using My Para Transpo(link is external) or calling 613-560-5000.
- The reservation line will be open from 7 am to 5 pm.
- The trip information and cancellation line will be open from 6 am to 12:30 am.
- Para Transpo customers can also text 57272 (5-PARA) to live text with Customer Service Representatives for information and cancellations.
- The Taxi Coupon line will remain open.
- For more information on Victoria Day service, visit octranspo.com(link is external) or call 613-560-5000. You can also connect with OC Transpo through Facebook(link is external), Twitter(link is external) and Instagram(link is external).
Recreation and cultural services
- Most indoor pools and arenas, as well as recreation and community centres will be open and operating on a modified schedule. Please check the facilities' pages on ottawa.ca for details.
- Please note that some regular public swims may be cancelled on short notice due to a shortage of lifeguards. It is recommended you confirm by checking with the facility before leaving home.
- All art centres, theatres, galleries, archives and museums except the Nepean Creative Arts Centre will be closed on Monday, May 22.
- Washrooms at Mooney’s Bay, Britannia Beach and Petrie Island will open on Saturday, May 20, water levels permitting.
Ottawa Public Health
- Visit the COVID-19 Vaccine page(link is external) for vaccination clinic hours and availability.
- Visit the COVID-19 Testing page(link is external) for testing centre and care clinic hours and availability.
- The Sexual Health Clinic(link is external) and satellite clinics will be closed.
- The Site program(link is external) office and supervised consumption services at 179 Clarence Street will be closed. The Site mobile van will operate from 5 to 11:30 pm.
- The Ottawa Public Health Information Centre(link is external) and the COVID-19 booking line will be closed.
- Dental clinics(link is external) will be closed.
- The Parenting-In-Ottawa drop-ins(link is external) will be closed.
Municipal child-care services
- All municipal child care centres will be closed.
- All Ottawa Public Library branches will be closed on Monday, May 22. Virtual services, loans and programs can be accessed on the Ottawa Public Library website(link is external).
For more information on City programs and services, visit ottawa.ca, call 3-1-1 (TTY: 613-580-2401) or 613-580-2400 to contact the City using Canada Video Relay Service. You can also connect with us through Facebook(link is external), Twitter(link is external) and Instagram(link is external).