Eleven days of fun and celebration of Italian culture returns as the Italian Festival takes over Little Italy between Friday, June 9 and Sunday, June 11. The festival highlights music, dance, and cuisine from all over Italy, and Preston Street will be a hub for a host of activities like street parties, car parades and the Feast of St. Anthony Procession. During the festival’s opening weekend, there are several road impacts:
Friday, June 9
- Preston Street, from Carling Avenue to Somerset Street: 4 pm to 1 am for a street party.
- Carling Avenue, from Preston Street to Sherwood Avenue, will be reduced to two lanes in each direction on Friday, June 9 from 12 am to 7 pm to prepare for the Ferrari Demonstration Zone
- Carling Avenue, from Preston Street to Sherwood Avenue, will be closed on Friday, June 9 from 7 pm to Saturday, June 10 at 6 pm to facilitate the Ferrari Demonstration Zone
Saturday, June 10
The following road closures will take place for the car parade and street party:
- Norman Street, from Preston to Rochester streets: 9 am to 3 pm
- Preston Street, from Pamilla to Somerset streets: 12 to 3 pm
- Rochester Street, from Norman to Pamilla streets: 12 to 3 pm
- Pamilla Street, from Preston to Rochester streets: 12 to 3 pm
- Preston Street, from Carling Avenue to Somerset Street: 3:30 pm to 1 am
Sunday, June 11
- Parts of Preston, Booth, Norman, Willow, and Rochester streets will be closed between 9 am and 1 pm for the Feast of St. Anthony Procession.
- Preston Street, from Carling Avenue to Somerset Street, will be closed from 1 pm to 9 pm for a street party.
Additional parking restrictions will be in effect in the areas mentioned above. Please refer to on-street signage.
For a full list of Italian Festival events and activities, visit italianweekottawa.ca.
OC Transpo Services
Due to these road closures, detours will be in effect for Line 2 bus service and routes 14, 55 and 85. For more details about the detours, please visit the Alerts page on octranspo.com. You can also connect with OC Transpo through Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.